Published: 02 June 2022
If you are attending the beacon lighting ceremony on 2nd June, please note the following:
- There will be no vehicle parking near the walkway except for those with a disabled person showing an appropriate badge
- If you have children with you they should be accompanied at all times, especially near the river. However please tell them to approach a steward in a hi-vis vest or go to the bench near the notice board if they get separated from you. A DBS Steward will be by the bench
- The ground is very uneven with many part rabbit holes. You are advised to stay on the permanent paths, particularly if you are unsteady on your feet
- Please do not bring dogs with you. Attempts have been made to cleanse the standing areas but no guarantee can be given. It is also a place inhabited by wildlife so wash or sanitise hands if they have been in contact with the ground.
- The RDA cafe will be open for hot drinks and limited food
We hope that everyone will enjoy the event.